A friend of mine asked me recently, was I gonna go see the new Batman movie with him. It’s just I don’t respect the concept of Batman because of what I understand about politics now… I’mma lay it out for you: rich dude owns a corporation. Has state of the art equipment, and he uses this to beat up on street level crime. He doesn’t mess with the industrialists, or the super capitalists, or the Murdochs, or the Trumps. He really just fuck with the person that’s just on the corner. Batman is a conservative’s wet dream. Fuck Batman.
- Reginald D. Hunter (via honda)
Also he’s turned Gotham into an arena for playing out his own twisted little psychodrama, avenging his parents’ death over and over again, which is why he doesn’t just fucking kill the recurring villains and spare everybody the danger of their continual reappearances.
He’s a big rich man and he doesn’t want to deal with his feelings in any kind of healthy way, so an entire city is vulnerable to terrorist attack on a more or less daily basis for the sake of his sad, creepy power games.
You’re all making very valid socio-economic points
I like Batman anyway
This is the kind of bullshit spewed by dummies who never read Batman comics and never watched Batman: The Animated Series and have never met me.
BASICALLY YOU GUYS ARE ALL STUPID AND DON’T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BATMAN.
First off, Batman fights those would would endanger others. That’s it. The majority of Batman’s villains have amassed criminal fortunes at the cost of innocent lives. Batman doesn’t give a damn about property or social status or even his own inherited wealth (except that it can be used to prevent tragedies like the one that defined his life), he only cares about saving lives. Preventing crime. Capturing criminals.
On top of that, dude is all the time giving criminals second chances. He gets ex-cons and even ex-Arkham patients(!) jobs at his own damn company, geniuses! Yeah, he’s such a Republican. Dude helps fund the police crime lab, manages outreach programs and scholarships, donates to every freaking charity in the city, and STILL spends all his time and money saving your hatin’ ass, because THAT’S WHO HE IS.
Please tell me Bruce Wayne isn’t for higher taxes for after school programs, public housing, and healthcare, all of which reduce crime, because I like arguing with people who don’t know shit. If Batman cared about his money, he’d be running Wayne Enterprises instead of letting his pal Lucius do that stuff. And he sure as heck wouldn’t be funding Batman, Inc. all over the world if it was just about getting his kicks punching poor criminals in the face.
Batman poured his bleeding heart out on the floor before congress to get federal assistance when Gotham needed it.
Batman FREQUENTLY adopts orphans whose parents he couldn’t save or who generally just need his help. (Robinhood is like the Big Brother program, but replace Big with Bat.)
Batman is hardcore BFFs with the biggest liberal softy in the DCU, Superman, whom he respects, both for his work as a superhero AND a member of the fourth estate.
Batman fights rich criminals all the damn time, son. And you know what? If you hench for a homicidal maniac, sometimes you get batarang’d and them’s the breaks. You don’t get to hurt people and get away with it in Gotham City. Not anymore.
Batman doesn’t kill. Batman doesn’t use guns. Batman wants the mentally ill to get help, not be sent to prison. Is it working out great? NOT REALLY, BECAUSE WE ALL WANT MORE ROGUES GALLERY STORIES. Blame the fans for the failure of Arkham, not Batman. Dude’s doing his level best, and it’s a damn sight better than any of you are doing.
But if you’re having trouble getting your head around there being ONE GOOD RICH GUY (and he’s fictional), let me break it down for you:
LEX LUTHOR IS A CONSERVATIVE.
BATMAN IS A LIBERAL.
Dean Trippe drops the damn mic.(via twobitjusticeleague)
- beautifuldancewhore reblogged this from missexlibris
- temadian reblogged this from missexlibris
- frillyshirt likes this
- missexlibris reblogged this from checkthemeaning
- gresa likes this
- checkthemeaning reblogged this from jakehagger
- checkthemeaning likes this
- spr0ck3t reblogged this from jakehagger
- spr0ck3t likes this
- jakehagger reblogged this from honda
- spermjackiavelli reblogged this from thatgeekyfemme
- spermjackiavelli likes this
- zznm likes this
- murder-mischief-mayhem likes this
- sensuous-witch likes this
- peachyfields1998 reblogged this from aussieravenclaw
- cosryansleftfoot reblogged this from thatgeekyfemme
- aussieravenclaw reblogged this from thatgeekyfemme
- hecticinsideofme likes this
- toopolishforlife reblogged this from thatgeekyfemme
- thatgeekyfemme reblogged this from queendidge
- shivering likes this
- kierenwalkrr likes this
- postnationalism likes this
- stilldriftingoffalone likes this
- queendidge reblogged this from wasgwanin
- wasgwanin reblogged this from misfits96
- misfits96 reblogged this from honda
- darthpaulsartre likes this
- findingthepoet likes this
- alexdimm reblogged this from deantrippe
- its-aisha reblogged this from unpecked
- c-reateyourself reblogged this from maddynorris
- johnnycakewasgolden reblogged this from honda
- oliviatwist likes this
- obaat reblogged this from blackgirlcrisis
- obaat likes this
- bubblesandshit reblogged this from unpecked
- 93rose likes this
- iamjackskinkyhair likes this
- laixac likes this
- akbradford likes this
- nomadinmind likes this
- glitter-lyfe likes this
- remainnameless1 likes this
- katida likes this
- paintng-rind likes this
- maddynorris reblogged this from unpecked
- ratlungs likes this
- rlvvx likes this