A friend of mine asked me recently, was I gonna go see the new Batman movie with him. It’s just I don’t respect the concept of Batman because of what I understand about politics now… I’mma lay it out for you: rich dude owns a corporation. Has state of the art equipment, and he uses this to beat up on street level crime. He doesn’t mess with the industrialists, or the super capitalists, or the Murdochs, or the Trumps. He really just fuck with the person that’s just on the corner. Batman is a conservative’s wet dream. Fuck Batman.
- Reginald D. Hunter (via honda)
Also he’s turned Gotham into an arena for playing out his own twisted little psychodrama, avenging his parents’ death over and over again, which is why he doesn’t just fucking kill the recurring villains and spare everybody the danger of their continual reappearances.
He’s a big rich man and he doesn’t want to deal with his feelings in any kind of healthy way, so an entire city is vulnerable to terrorist attack on a more or less daily basis for the sake of his sad, creepy power games.
You’re all making very valid socio-economic points
I like Batman anyway
This is the kind of bullshit spewed by dummies who never read Batman comics and never watched Batman: The Animated Series and have never met me.
BASICALLY YOU GUYS ARE ALL STUPID AND DON’T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BATMAN.
First off, Batman fights those would would endanger others. That’s it. The majority of Batman’s villains have amassed criminal fortunes at the cost of innocent lives. Batman doesn’t give a damn about property or social status or even his own inherited wealth (except that it can be used to prevent tragedies like the one that defined his life), he only cares about saving lives. Preventing crime. Capturing criminals.
On top of that, dude is all the time giving criminals second chances. He gets ex-cons and even ex-Arkham patients(!) jobs at his own damn company, geniuses! Yeah, he’s such a Republican. Dude helps fund the police crime lab, manages outreach programs and scholarships, donates to every freaking charity in the city, and STILL spends all his time and money saving your hatin’ ass, because THAT’S WHO HE IS.
Please tell me Bruce Wayne isn’t for higher taxes for after school programs, public housing, and healthcare, all of which reduce crime, because I like arguing with people who don’t know shit. If Batman cared about his money, he’d be running Wayne Enterprises instead of letting his pal Lucius do that stuff. And he sure as heck wouldn’t be funding Batman, Inc. all over the world if it was just about getting his kicks punching poor criminals in the face.
Batman poured his bleeding heart out on the floor before congress to get federal assistance when Gotham needed it.
Batman FREQUENTLY adopts orphans whose parents he couldn’t save or who generally just need his help. (Robinhood is like the Big Brother program, but replace Big with Bat.)
Batman is hardcore BFFs with the biggest liberal softy in the DCU, Superman, whom he respects, both for his work as a superhero AND a member of the fourth estate.
Batman fights rich criminals all the damn time, son. And you know what? If you hench for a homicidal maniac, sometimes you get batarang’d and them’s the breaks. You don’t get to hurt people and get away with it in Gotham City. Not anymore.
Batman doesn’t kill. Batman doesn’t use guns. Batman wants the mentally ill to get help, not be sent to prison. Is it working out great? NOT REALLY, BECAUSE WE ALL WANT MORE ROGUES GALLERY STORIES. Blame the fans for the failure of Arkham, not Batman. Dude’s doing his level best, and it’s a damn sight better than any of you are doing.
But if you’re having trouble getting your head around there being ONE GOOD RICH GUY (and he’s fictional), let me break it down for you:
LEX LUTHOR IS A CONSERVATIVE.
BATMAN IS A LIBERAL.
Dean Trippe drops the damn mic.(via twobitjusticeleague)
- berrey likes this
- cosmicshaft likes this
- ghostiegirl likes this
- halphillips reblogged this from chrisgriswold
- chrisgriswold reblogged this from sigmafire
- mailewis likes this
- centeringhazzyness likes this
- sylviasatterthwaites reblogged this from honda
- sylviasatterthwaites likes this
- thedoctordonnastardis likes this
- brooding-smorgasbord reblogged this from deantrippe
- brooding-smorgasbord likes this
- justwhatialwayswanted reblogged this from honda
- sigmafire reblogged this from spodiddly
- crystalfems likes this
- ear460 reblogged this from honda
- mijanimal likes this
- karisomeheaven reblogged this from deantrippe
- fourth-axis likes this
- 5earths likes this
- thisisbarta reblogged this from honda
- drunkandonfire likes this
- scottssketches likes this
- variousvarieties likes this
- insane-normality reblogged this from honda
- multininja1990 reblogged this from ladyoftheshield
- multininja1990 likes this
- ladyoftheshield reblogged this from keep-calm-and-lie-a
- ladyoftheshield likes this
- keep-calm-and-lie-a likes this
- keep-calm-and-lie-a reblogged this from fuckyeahbatcat
- hieroglyphic-lion reblogged this from piranhascantsmile
- jim-the-fish reblogged this from deantrippe
- wolfmanastn reblogged this from piranhascantsmile
- wolfmanastn likes this
- pantaro reblogged this from piranhascantsmile
- chill-its-only-me likes this
- piranhascantsmile reblogged this from realityhelix
- jaythenerdkid likes this
- lipstickvandalism likes this
- jas720 reblogged this from thebluedream
- javiiaevelyn reblogged this from shazampanic
- shazampanic likes this
- tsuruhami reblogged this from thebluedream
- crash-fall-down likes this
- cupcakeflavoredsprinkles likes this
- heyimrio reblogged this from fuckyeahbatcat
- not-one-hyphen likes this
- thewonderofliving likes this